Not just a one day event, I'm blogging every day about what I'm thankful for

Well today didn’t quite go as planned. I was excited since I did not have one single meeting or appointment on my calendar. That meant I could get some real work done.

Hahaha! The gods were laughing at me!

We got a large printing job delivered today that we’d been waiting on. My secretary could not possibly get it all put together in a mailing by herself this afternoon and I really wanted it to go out. It had been delayed long enough. So, I said I would help. We both worked our tails off getting it ready to go out. Done just about 3:30 and she loaded the bulk mailing into her car and went to th post office.

Next thing I know, she was back. One look at her told me something was wrong. I wasn’t sure if she was going to explode or cry…neither was something I wanted. It seems the post office wont accept a bulk mailing after 2:00 pm. WHAT???? Two and a half hours before the windows close and they won’t accept it????

But I remained calm. After all, one of us needed to be calm. She doesn’t work again until Tuesday and I sure didn’t want to wait that long to get it mailed. She offered to come back into town tomorrow and do it, but that was just silly.

So, we put all the boxes in my van and tomorrow I will swim the murky waters of bulk mail. I sure hope it all goes well. I really don’t have time to do it tomorrow. But I really don’t have time not to do it either.

Calmness prevailed today. My secretary was in a much better mood when she left (plus it doesn’t hurt for me to pitch in and help her do her job from time to time). Wish me luck tomorrow.


Comments on: "Thanksgiving Project – Calm amidst the Storm" (3)

  1. That’s just lazy stupidity on the part of the Post Office staff. When My husband and I went to get our marriage license at the county clerk’s office we arrived at 4:00. The internet said the office closed at 5:00. When we got there, a guard told us that we had to take a number, even though there was no line. We took a number and then took a seat. We were called almost immediately. We went to the window, and the lady told us that processing marriage licenses wasn’t done after 4:00 and we would have to come back another day. Some people just don’t know what to do with power šŸ™‚

  2. Dang snail mail. I wish you all the best tomorrow. I am sure it will all work out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Tag Cloud

%d bloggers like this: