So very many things to be thankful for today – I’m just going to bullet point them.
- My dad was the best I’ve seen him for two weeks – he still hadn’t slept much, but his spirits were better and he wanted to sit up, actually wanted to watch tv and even asked to put on his glasses. I’ve so missed having my daddy be himself so this is a HUGE thanks.
- The weather wasn’t awful – it is the last day of summer and that makes me sad – but at least it didn’t rain all day and it didn’t feel quite as cool as I was afraid it would since the temperature had dropped by 15 degrees today.
- I’m really loving iOS 7 – the new features are great and I’m getting used to the whiteness or brightness of it all. Now if WP would just fix their bugs, it would be good.
- I met a good friend for margaritas this afternoon – the bar was empty and I couldn’t get waited on for forever – in fact it was nearly 20 minutes and I still hadn’t seen a bartender or wait staff – I went to the front and complained to the manager. It got me a free dinner AND a second margarita for free.
- I felt like this was actually a normal Saturday – I still saw my dad like I do most Saturdays and ran a few errands, and finally I’m finding some time to read. I hope to finish The Bat by Jo Nesbo tonight. I was just notified by the library that The Redbreast was available so that will be my next book.
- My blood pressure was awesome this morning – down to 111/73. Since the stress I’ve been under had made it jump up a bit, this was very welcome news.
- Warren is almost home from his quick trip to Tennessee to see his brother after his nephew was killed. Warren and his son went down, but didn’t stay for the funeral.
- I’m anticipating a restful day tomorrow. I know several people will be stopping at the Rehab facility to see my dad after lunch so I won’t feel like I need to go until dinnertime. I’m looking forward to a day of nothing. Maybe I can get caught up on my sleep tonight finally.
- I found false eyelashes today that had butterflies on them. I am planning on being a butterfly for Halloween so they will be perfect!
I’m sure there are dozens of other things that happened today that should give me reason to be thankful – but those are the highlights.
Hope you had a million reason to give thanks today too!
Not a great picture – but here are the eyelashes!