Here are the fun and games I’ve had today
1) Hectic, crazy day at work.
2) Drove up to see my uncle in the hospital after work. He is doing pretty good. At least he is still ornery
3) Bonus in going to the hospital, I got to see my cousin who lives in Las Vegas. She will be here two weeks so that’s nice
4) Called my dad to report on my uncle. When I asked how he (dad) was doing, he said not very well. He was getting a cold. Now, you have to know, my dad has a white blood count of nearly nothing. So he can’t fight anything off. He wanted some aspirin. So i ran through and grabbed some and dropped them off for him.
5) Of course, no stop is quick at my dad’s. He needed me to do a couple of things for him. But that I don’t mind, except I was really tired and hungry
6) Called my sister on my way home to tell her dad was getting sick and she needed to check on him tomorrow.
7) Sister asked if he told me he fell today. WHAT? That seemed like something someone should have mentioned to me. But, no one said a thing. Evidently the nurse was giving him a shower when his knee buckled and he started to fall. She was able to control the fall and get him down gently. Then she and his caregiver had to get him up. Fortunately he didn’t get hurt. But now I’m wondering how much longer he can stay at home.
8) Surely I’m missing something. Oh yeah, the electric company called and said they had a planned outage for some scheduled maintenance….on Saturday!!!!! Oh, and it would last EIGHT hours. Really? Saturday? All day? Guess what day I do laundry. Oh, and it’s been really cold here so the house will be freezing.
So, what do I have to be thankful for today????
1) I have a job!
2) My uncle is doing well!
3) My cousin is here for a visit!
4) I could help my dad!
5) I could help my dad!
6) My sister was home!
7) Dad didn’t get hurt!
8) I have our community health fair all morning on Saturday so I won’t be home to whine about no electricity for half a day!
Just another day of fun and games 😉
What are you thankful for today? You can make a positive out of any negative!